This course provides the learner with an overview of U.S. Export Control regulations and how they intersect with University activities.
After completing the course, attendees should:
- Understand how the government defines an “export” and a “deemed export”.
- Understand the four main concerns of export control regulations.
- Understand the difference between the “EAR”, the” ITAR”, and “OFAC”
- Understand when export control regulations affect university activities including shipping, travel, collaborations, equipment purchases, and item access by foreign nationals.
- Understand what Restricted Party Screening is and when it should be conducted.
- Understand what a Technology Control Plan is and when it might be implemented.
- Understand best practices for export control compliance.
- Be able to recognize red flags and know when to call the export control manager for assistance.
Mandatory for STAR Certificate, Pre-award Certificate & Post-award Certificate. PA 115