This course seeks to provide the learner with a high-level understanding of the Research Lifecycle and familiarize them with key terms within research administration. Participants will also learn about which roles and offices play a key part in the administration of research.
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the key elements of a Funding Opportunity and understand how they impact the proposal development process
- Understand key components used to create a preliminary budget, calculate overhead costs and identify allowable expenses
- Understand the required approvals and components of a proposal
- Understand project management and reporting requirements
- Understand research project close out requirements
Pre-requisite for all STAR Courses and mandatory for all certificate tracks. STAR 100